How to connect your iPad to an iPhone personal hotspot
If you have a Wi-Fi only iPad or any internet capable device, you can easily use your iPhone’s personal hotspot feature to get online. Many carriers support the personal hotspot feature, as long as you’ve got a compatible data plan. Once you’re connected to your iPhone, you can browse the web, send iMessages, download apps, and do anything you’d normally be able to do on your iPad while connected to Wi-Fi.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Personal Hotspot.
- Tap on the toggle to turn Personal Hotspot On.
- Create a password for your personal hotspot in the password field. This prevents unauthorized users from using your iPhone’s data.
- On your iPad, launch the Settings app.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Join your iPhone’s network like you would any other wifi network. The network name will be the name of your iPhone. Instead of wifi bars, you should see an interlink icon next to it, which makes it easier to pick out from other wifi networks.